Sewing Machine Motors

 The last machine I bought was a used Phaff 463. This is an industrial textile machine that I converted to sew leather. Almost all the machines here in Colombia are clutch machines that runway too fast for leather work!

No matter what I have tried I have not been able to get these motors to run at a super slow speed. I was finally able to secure a digital servo motor and that solved my problem. If you get a machine with a clutch motor don't waste your time with it buy you a servo motor for a hundred bucks and be done with it.

When I was in the states it was easy to find good leather sewing machines I had a Singer 29, a Tippman Boss, an Adler patcher, A Cobra patcher and a Cobra 4. I had to level all those machines behind when I moved here to Colombia, so getting good leather machines here is not so easy.

We have tons of sewing machines here just not a lot of heavy stitching machines. Two of my current machines have digital servo motors and the third machine is the infamous green Chinese hand crank machine.

Comments

Popular Posts